Indian Box Office Report 2021 Highlights: Because of theater closure in 2020, the total no. of footfalls into theaters reduced never than expected. But, with the reduction in GST slabs on movie tickets to 18%, the growth of Box Office share has grown even higher in 2021. As we all know, the Govt of India has made some changes to the entertainment tax starting from 2018. GST on tickets costing up to Rs 100 was reduced to 12% from 18% while the tickets over Rs 100 were reduced to 18% from 28%.
Indian Box Office Report 2021 Highlights Till Date
In the year 2021, the total Gross of Indian Cinema at Box Office is likely to cross Rs.12,500 Crore mark for the first time. Considering all languages (Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Hindi, and other Regional Cinema), the total Box Office Gross of Indian Cinema in 2021 is estimated to be 15000 Cr.
- Due to the reduction in GST rates in the entertainment industry, there are more chances for the entertainment industry to gain more profits in the form of shares.
- To date, Telugu Cinema has occupied 02nd place in terms of highest footfalls into Theaters following Tamil Cinema and Bollywood
- The total no. of footfalls of Telugu film lovers in 2021 is more than other leading film industries viz; Hindi and Tamil
- The average ticket price for Telugu movies in 2021 is more than Rs.100/- with COVID precautions
- The first weekend (Day 1 to 3) contribution for Tamil and Telugu movies is is more than 50%, which shows the dependency of South Indian movies on the first 3 days of collection
- Vijay’s Master was the biggest movie in 2021 till date and collected above 250 crores at Box Office
- Telugu debut film with new actors “Uppena” was the biggest Telugu movie in 2021 till date and collected above 70 crores Gross at Box Office
- Also, Telugu films like Jathi Ratnalu and Krack have made Rs.50 Crore at Box Office
- In 2021, Tollywood quick started with many Super Hit movies like Uppena, Jathi Ratnalu, Krack, Naandhi, and RED
- Vijay’s Master is the first film to become a Blockbuster in all languages post the lockdown
Disclaimer: All these figures are approximate and Tollywood Ace doesn’t claim the data authenticity. However, these figures are adequately equivalent to the performance of the film.