Interesting Facts About Tamil Cinema: Kollywood is widening its horizons every other year and it will outshine other film industries sooner, as per many reports. We can expect more Good content and experimental movies which will definitely be received well by our audience because by every other year the likings and taste of enjoying the movies our audiences are getting better at it. Also, the recognition for Tamil movies outside India is improving year by year.
Tamil Cinema is characterized by its unique content and an unparalleled sense of humor and ability to stay rooted even while taking inspiration from international cinema. But this doesn’t mean that it is the only cinema that is undergoing such a transformation. However, Here are some of the interesting facts about Tamil Cinema that you should witness.
Interesting Facts About Tamil Cinema Till Date
The history of Tamil Cinema can be dated back to 1916 when Nataraja Rangaswamy Mudaliar made Keechaka Vadham, which was also the first silent film in South India. Lead actors of Keechaka Vadham were Jeevarathnam, R. Nataraja Mudaliar and Raja Mudaliar. Other films by Nataraja Mudaliar were Draupadi Vastrapaharanam(1917), Mayil Ravana(1918), Lavakusa(1919), Kalinga Mardanam(1920), Rukmini Kalyanam(1921), and Markandeya(1923). Other names to be mentioned from the distant past of Tamil cinema are R.Venkaiah, R.Prakash, A.Narayanan and K.Subramanyam.
- jalshamoviez pw
- Tamilmv Telugu Movies
- Filmyzilla Bollywood
- 3Movierulz Plz
- Movierulz VPN
- Movierulz Plz
- Jio Rockers
- Kuttymovies 2021
#History of Tamil Cinema – Interesting Facts About Tamil Cinema
- Nataraja R. Mudaliar is the creator of the first silent film in Tamil, ‘Keechaka Vadham’ in 1916
- Mythological films, folklores, pseudo historicals, and photographed stage plays were the themes of Tamil cinema in the thirties.
- The first talkie film in Tamil was made by H.M.Reddy, Kalidas in 1931.
- A.Narayanan’s 1934 film Srinivasa Kalyanam was the first Tamil talkie.
- The first female director and producer of Tamil cinema were T.P Rajalakshmi.
- Chinthamani in 1937 was the first Tamil film to run for more than a year in a single cinema house.
- Stardom in Tamil films had its birth in the thirties itself. The first female superstar of Tamil cinema was K.B.Sundarambal, that year itself she got 1lakh rupees for her film.
- Nam Iruvar was the first production venture of AVM Productions was established in 1945. It is the largest and oldest production studio in India.
- Annadurai (Writer for Tamil Movies), went on to become the chief minister of Tamilnadu in 1967
- 50’s and 60’s of Tamil Cinema was ruled by M.G.Ramachandran(M.G.R), Sivaji Ganesan and Gemini Ganesan
- Nadigar Thilakam Sivaji Ganesan entered the film world in 1952
- By the late sixties Tamil cinema witnessed the screenwriter, and director K.Balachander, He concentrated mainly on village side themes.
- By the late seventies, three more directors were witnessed K.Bharathiraja, Balu Mahendra, and K.Bhagyaraj.
- The mid-late seventies and early eighties actors Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth were witnessed by Tamil cinema.
- Kamal Haasan performed as a child artist in the early sixties and did supporting roles in the early seventies. He got his first break in Tamil cinema with K.Balachander’s 1975 movie Apoorva Raagangal, which was also Rajinikanth’s debut movie.
- Rajinikanth made his debut in Tamil films as a cancer patient in Apoorva Raagangal(1975).
- More actors entered the Tamil film industry in the 1980’s. Prominent actors were Vijayakanth, Prabhu Ganesan, Mohan, Sathyaraj, Karthik, Sarat Kumar, Arjun and Murali. Popular heroines were Khushboo, Radha, Ambika, Gouthami, Saranya and Rupini.
- In ’80s there was a special mention of directors like Mani Ratnam, S.A.Chandrasekhar, Manivannan, T.Rajender, Vikraman, R.K.Selvamani, Santhana Bharathi, K.S.Ravikumar, Mani Ratnam and S.Shankar among the others.
- S.Shankar is known for his excellent treatment of commercial cinema and has won accolades for his films like Gentleman, Kadhalan, Indian, Jeans, Mudhalvan, Boys, Anniyan and Sivaji:The Boss
- Mani Ratnam had scripted and directed critically and commercially successful films like Mouna Raagam, Nayagan, Agni Natchathiram, Anjali,etc.
- In the 90’s actors like Aravind Swamy, Vijay, Ajith, Prasanth, Prabhu Deva, Surya and Madhvan entered Tamil industry.
- Tamil cinema has produced some of the most talented music directors are Ilayaraja and A.R.Rahman, Harris Jayaraj, Deva, Yuvan Shankar Raja, Devi Sri Prasad, Vidyasagar and Srikanth Deva.
# Interesting Facts About Tamil Cinema
- Tamil Cinema has Blockbuster films in which the main lead characters dies in the Climax which depicts sensitivity of stories in Kollywood
- Velu Naicker in Naayakan was arguably one of the most epic performances as a don in Tamil cinema history and also on Indian Canvas.
- Vikram, Suriya, Karthi, Dhanush, Vishal, Simbu, Vijay, Ajith, Vijay Antony, Vijay Sethupathi, Sivakarthikeyan and other stars has a good following in other states like Andhra, Telangana, and Kerala
- Shankar, Maniratnam, and Muragadoss has PAN Indian popularity as directors
- A rustic, gritty, and hard-hitting performance by Suriya in Nandha and Pithamagan showed the stellar acting prowess of the star.
- Suriya and Karthi both the brothers have big stardom in Tollywood, equivalent to Telugu popular Stars
- The world-class musicians Ilayaraja, Ar Rahman, Vidyasagar and others are from Tamil Cinema
- Telugu Cinema is the sibling of Tamil Cinema and later moved to Hyderabad from Madras
- S. P. Balasubrahmanyam has sung more songs in Tamil and got a lot of divine fame in Tamil Nadu than any other singer in India
- Nagesh, Vadivelu, Goundamani, Vivek, Senthil, Kovai Sarala, Santhanam, Yogi Babu are the most successful comedians in India to date
- India’s Dancing King Prabhu Deva is from the Tamil film industry only
- Tamil politics have been highly relied on Cinema and film artists
- Interesting facts about Telugu Cinema
- Upcoming Tamil Movies in OTT 2021
- LIFT Tamil Movie Download Isaimini
- Sivakumarin Sabadham Movie Download Isaimini