25 Interesting facts about Telugu Cinema that Every Telugu Film Lover Should Know About..!
The Rs.15 billion worth Telugu filmdom, the second largest filmmaking industry in the country, Telugu Cinema also known for Tollywood completes 89 glorious years as of 2021. Though Telugu has been a part of the Madras presidency, the Telugu Cinema has been started its own journey as an Independent regional cinema with Bhakta Prahlada on 1932 . Here are 50 of the most interesting facts about Tollywood that you have not heard of before.
25 Interesting facts about Telugu Cinema that Every Film Lover Should Know
- Raghupathi Venkaiah, who is regarded as the father of Telugu cinema, produced Bhishma Pratignya, the first full-length Telugu film, in 1921.
- Bhakta Prahlada (first Telugu talkie) is the first Telugu-language full-length sound film made by H. M. Reddy, No print of this film is known to survive, making it a lost film.
- Malliswari is the first Telugu film which was released publicly with thirteen prints with Chinese subtitles at Beijing on 14, March 1953, and a 16 mm film print was also screened in the United States.
- Lava Kusa is the first Telugu movie to be shot in Geva color. Geva is a color motion procedure that was created in 1948. The movie had NTR and Anjali Devi in the lead roles.
- Ammara Silpi Jakkana was the first Eastman color movie which was directed by B. S. Ranga. Eastman color is a motion picture production that was introduced in 1950.
- First Telugu CinemaScope Movie Alluri Seetharama Raju
- First Telugu 70mm movie: Simhasanam
- Raghupathi Venkaiah Naidu known widely as the father of Telugu cinema was an Indian artist and filmmaker, He was the first to build and own cinema halls in Madras.
- Pothina Srinivasarao is the person from Vijayawada who built the first Theater in Andhra Pradesh called “Maruthi Talkies”
- Largest film production facility in the world i.e., Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad was built by Ramoji Rao, a Telugu film producer
- Today, Telugu Cinema produces more than 300 films per year and holds the second largest market for films in India
- Telugu Cinema produced the highest no. of Socio-fantasy (Janapada) films than any other film industry in India
- Chiranjeevi is the first Indian actor to receive Rs.1 Crore as a remuneration per movie, an article stating Bigger Than Bachchan is still available on the Internet
- NTR is still a Demi-god for many Telugu people, He is popular for portraying Indian idol roles like Lord Krishna and Lord Rama
- Telugu cinema has more followers and fans in USA and America
- Telugu Cinema has many personalities with Guinness World Records,
- Dasari Narayana Rao received Guinness World Record for directing the highest no. of films,
- S. P. Balasubrahmanyam received Guinness World Record for singing highest no. of songs
- P.Susheela received Guinness World Record for singing highest no.of songs
- Brahmanandam received Guinness World Record for doing highest no.of films
- Vijaya Nirmala (Lady director) received Guinness World Record for directing the highest no. of films
- Daggubati Rama Naidu received Guinness World Record for producing the highest no. of films
- Ramoji Film City received Guinness World Record for having Worlds largest Film production facility
- The Worth of Telugu Cinema is more than Rs.15 billion (Approx)
- The epic fantasy action drama Baahubali: The Beginning went on to create history at the box office and put Tollywood on the international map. Prabhas is the first Telugu actor to feature at Madame Tussauds after its release.
Reference Links: Business Standard: Point 25